Some class related software here.
- MAW livedraw: home-brew software, openSource, made in Max, being ported to OpenFrameworks; info here, stand-alone OS X version here
- Millumin: very versatile and modern multi-layer video environment; popular with theater and live performance artists; free 30-day trial; costs a bunch after that; students get a %60 discount
- Modul8 [pronounced “modulate”]: popular with VJs; demo version available here
- Touch Designer: very high end large scale stage performance software; windows only; has a free version with limited capabilities
- MadMapper: specifically made for complex projection mapping; download demo here
- Max: download and install the latest version for your operating system
- Arduino: download and install the latest version for your operating system
- Teensy [Loader]: download and install the latest version for your operating system, install it
Teensy [Teensyduino]: download and install the latest version for your operating system
Below is a list of extensions to the Max environment and steps for installing them:
- create a folder called “for-Max” in your “Documents” folder.
- Download all the necessary 3rd party externals and place them in your “for-Max” folder
- Familiarize yourself with Maxuino and it documentation
- Start up the Max program which you installed above, run as “Demo” if you must, select “File Preferences…” from the “Options” menu; add the “for-Max” folder to the search path by clicking on the + button and selecting that folder
- Download and install the lastest FTDI Virtual COM port (VCP) drivers for your operating system. Use the “setup executables” that are under the “Comments” column of the table half-way down above page, titled “Currently Supported VCP Drivers”