Haslam, John (b. 1764 d. 1844)
- Illustrations of Madness 
Bachelard, Gaston (b. 1884 in Bar-sur-Aube, France, d. 1962)
- The Poetics of Space: The classic look at how we experience intimate spaces 
- On Poetic Imagination and Revery 
Naumburg, Margaret (b. 1890 New York, USA, d. 1983)
- An introduction to Art Therapy: studies of the “free” art expression of behavior problem children and adolescents as a means of diagnosis and therapy 
Lacan, Jacques (b. 1901 in Paris, France, d. 1981)
- The Four Fundamental Concepts of Psychoanalysis 
- Art can tell us about psychoanalysis
Kramer, Edith (b. 1916 Vienna, Austria)
- Art Therapy in a Children’s Community 
- Art as Therapy with Children 
Kusama, Yayoi (b. 1929 Matsumoto, Nagano, Japan)
- “Visual representation of some aspects of the experience of psychosis”
- “Pattern used as a means of self-obliteration”
- “The Secrets of The Cube” 
Gantt, Linda, and Marilyn Strauss Schmal, comps. Art Therapy: A Bibliography, January 1940-June 1973. Rockville, MD: National Institute of Mental Health, 1974. Print.
McNiff, Shaun. Art Heals: How Creativity Cures the Soul. Boston: Shambhala, 2004. Print.
Salmon, Mark. Opportunities in Visual Arts Careers. Chicago, IL: VGM Career, 2001. Print.
Wood, Chris, comp. Navigating Art Therapy: A Therapist’s Companion. London: Routledge, 2011. Print.